We're Rotating* Our Meeting Locations and Times!
* Rotary is called that because we used to rotate between meeting places.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we are meeting online via Zoom. Meetings are every Tuesday at 12:15. If you are interested in attending one of our meetings, please email us for the details.
Scroll down - Food For Kids is on for the 2020 - 2021 school year!
Darien Rotary Club Grant Program
Our Grant program is open to individuals or organizations in the Darien area for whom the financial support will make a significant difference in their lives or to Darien residents or to the immediate area.
If you wish to apply to the Darien Rotary Club for a grant, please click on the link button below to learn how.
Rotary Food For Kids Program
The Rotary Club of Darien's "Food for Kids Program" provides nutritional meals to food-insecure school children on weekends during the school year. This program supplements the primary source of food for these students, which is often the school cafeteria.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, our schools are still feeding kids by having their parents come in to pick up meals. As part of that process, the Darien Rotary Club will be sending home food for the weekend.
Every Friday during the school year, the administrators of Lace, Mark Delay, Concord, Gower West, and Anne M Jeans Elementary Schools discretely provide the bags of food to select children as their parents come in to pick up meals, keeping the children anonymous from their peers.
The sack of food items sustains the children until they return to school Monday morning. This supports the child's nutritional, mental, and well-being needs, so they can focus on learning.
The success experienced by participants in this type of program is astonishing and can only realize its full potential from the continued support of Community, Corporations and Volunteers like YOU!!! The packing schedule for 2020-2021 is below.
October 6, 2020
November 11, 2020
January 6, 2021
February 17, 2021
April 14, 2021
Volunteer rules during the COVID-19 pandemic:
100% of the funds received for this program go to the food we buy at Walmart and to maintain, at a minimum, a two-year support cycle for each recipient. Currently, our budget allows for supporting 195 children for the current school years. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT! We couldn't do this without the generous support from you - our sponsors.
- There will be 2 fifty minute shifts of up to 20 people each for each evening. The first will be from 4:00-4:50 the second from 5:00-5:50 The time from 4:50-5:00 allows for all surfaces to be cleaned as we transition between the groups of people.
- Please know this may change depending on any guidance/information we receive from the health department. We will do our best to communicate any changes as soon as possible.
- All volunteers must agree to wear a mask, and maintain social distancing of 6 feet or more at all times while participating.
- All volunteers will have their temperature taken and must complete a Self-Health screening document upon entry to the school.
- Any person displaying any of the following symptoms will not be allowed to enter the school, and should not come to the event:
- *Fever (100.4°F or higher), NEW onset of moderate to severe headache, shortness of breath, new cough, sore throat, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain from an unknown cause, NEW congestion/runny nose, NEW loss of sense of taste or smell, nausea, fatigue from an unknown cause, muscle or body aches. (updated from IDPH, 9/10/2020)
Please click on the links below to find out more about the program and how you can help make a difference in a child's life....
Click here to email committee with questions Food For Kids Program Informative Video
Darien Rotary is Looking for New Members
If you are interested in becoming a Rotarian, why not the Darien Rotary Club? Join us for a
complimentary lunch to find out more. Please click below for information and application.